The Switch Access™ lets you connect to The Switch network from anywhere in the world using a broadband internet connection.
Connecting is simple. A specialized appliance provided by The Switch provides configurable ports that adapt to customer requirements and are monitored and managed from The Switch’s network operations centers. The Switch Access™ provides a full-time (or dedicated) connection to The Switch network and is available for non-recurring and special event applications via customer control.
Connecting is also powerful. Through your broadband connection, you can reach our customer-controlled switching platform SwitchIT, The Switch Community of venues and users, our studios, production capabilities, OTT services and satellite uplinks/downlinks.
- Expands the global reach of The Switch’s network, products, and services with low-cost connectivity from anywhere in the world
- Direct access to The Switch community, including professional sports venues, studios, production facilities, broadcasters, and OTT platforms worldwide
- Seamless integration to the high-quality products and services of The Switch
- Flexible pricing terms. No cancellation fees. Only pay for what you use.
- Customer Control via SwitchIT, The Switch’s patented and award-winning scheduling platform or via 24/7 booking support
- The Switch provides an IP encoder to connect customers to The Switch’s global network and scalable quality of service television formats
- 24/7 video operations support with state-of-the-art network management and video monitoring systems
- Customer hand-off is HD-SDI video with embedded audio, or ASI
- H.264 and H.265 compression
- Base-Configuration: Single channel (one transmit or one receive)
- Capable of providing up to four video channels in any combination of transmit or receive
- The Switch provides technical guidance to configure customer connection for optimum performance