Title: Video Systems Engineer
Reporting To: Director, Engineering
Location: Los Angeles, CA (onsite)
In the action-packed world of live video creation and distribution, The Switch is always on and always there – setting the industry benchmark for quality, reliability, and unmatched levels of service. The Switch network connects over 800 of the world’s largest content producers and distributors to each other, and to professional sports and event venues; seamlessly linking rights holders, broadcasters, streaming platforms, media outlets and web services. Our video production and global transmission services are trusted every day by corporate enterprises and leading sports, news and entertainment organizations who rely on The Switch to turn-on their live content, anywhere in the world.
Learn more about us at: www.theswitch.tv.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate equipment installation, cabling, integration and training.
- Assist in the performance of day-to-day engineering tasks in the Los Angeles Metro area
- Routinely maintain and or replace the Master Control Room, Colocation area, studios and facility infrastructure equipment as needed
- Assist in training new personnel in technical operations
- Assist in the Master Control Room as needed
- Document operation procedures, guidelines, cabling and unused equipment
- Follow procedures to properly identify, troubleshoot and restore transmission interruptions
- Perform satellite uplink/downlinks when necessary
- Assist with insert studios/cameras, audio, recording/playback, fiber, microwave engineering, edit systems and graphics
- Accountable for cost control, accurate documentation, quality of installation and maintenance of equipment and communication of technical changes
- Routinely maintain and monitor the physical plant: HVAC, Generator, UPS
- Ad-hoc projects and duties as determined by management
- 5+ years prior related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate degree in Engineering or related field is preferred
- In-depth industry knowledge
- Experience with video compression including J2K, MPEG 2, H.264/AVC and H.265/HEVC, ASI and IP transport systems, and the utilization of test equipment surrounding those technologies
- Competitive, self-driven, self-motivated, goal oriented and confident individual
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Flexible to work weekends & off-hours for productions as needed
- Able to travel on occasion
- Able to complete physical requirements of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation, including bending, climbing ladders, lifting & carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a current driver’s license, access to a personal automobile ideally, and be able to drive to sites
Schedule and Compensation:
- Full-Time, onsite in Los Angeles office
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Compensation based on experience
To apply, please send resume via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.