Title: SVP, Engineering
Reporting To: President and CEO
Location: Los Angeles, CA, Atlanta, GA or New York, NY
In the action-packed world of live video creation and distribution, The Switch is always on and always there – setting the industry benchmark for quality, reliability and unmatched levels of service. The Switch network connects over 800 of the world’s largest content producers and distributors to each other, and to professional sports and event venues; seamlessly linking rights holders, broadcasters, streaming platforms, media outlets and web services. Our video production and global transmission services are trusted every day by corporate enterprises and leading sports, news and entertainment organizations who rely on The Switch to turn-on their live content, anywhere in the world.
Learn more about us at: www.theswitch.tv.
The SVP, Engineering provides the network engineering vision and technical leadership for Company. This role will oversee network architecture planning, product/service design, quality assurance and problem resolution while consistently ensuring a ‘best-in-class’ experience for users and customers. The SVP, Engineering will serve as a member of the executive leadership team and collaborate with various internal departments in support of the successful execution of the Company strategy.
- Oversee all aspects of the global network engineering organization include network planning, optimization, upgrade and maintenance.
- Pro-actively engage with customers, partners and relevant 3rd parties to stay abreast of evolving market requirements and inform your network architecture planning.
- Provide leadership, management and motivation for your network engineering team.
- Establish and maintain an effective program for on-going education and training within the network engineering organization.
- Manage and deliver at/below the annual departmental operating and capital budgets.
- Work collaboratively with peers to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities.
- Provide networking engineering support from your organization to internal stakeholders including: pre-sales engineering, project delivery and operations & support personnel.
- As the senior network engineering expert for the Company, act as an external spokesperson in support of various sales & marketing activities (e.g. customer meetings, industry forums, trade shows, journalist/analyst briefings, etc.).
- Proactively monitor relevant technology trends and participate in appropriate industry events and forums to enable your ability to define the optimal future network architecture for the Company.
- Serve as a strong communicator of Engineering goals, priorities and execution for the Company’s management and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred; MBA preferred.
- At least ten years of related experience required.
- Expert knowledge of IP networks, telecommunications architecture & infrastructure and video distribution over private, public, wireless (e.g. WiFi, cellular, satellite).
- Familiarity with professional broadcast television production & operations will be very beneficial.
- Competitive, self-driven, goal-oriented and confident individual.
- Creative and able to think outside the box.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and team player mentality.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
Please send resumes via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.