Title: Senior Sales Engineer
Reporting To: EVP, Sales
Location: Los Angeles, CA or Remote
In the action-packed world of live video creation and distribution, The Switch is always on and always there – setting the industry benchmark for quality, reliability and unmatched levels of service. The Switch network connects over 800 of the world’s largest content producers and distributors to each other, and to professional sports and event venues; seamlessly linking rights holders, broadcasters, streaming platforms, media outlets and web services. Our video production and global transmission services are trusted every day by corporate enterprises and leading sports, news and entertainment organizations who rely on The Switch to turn-on their live content, anywhere in the world.
Learn more about us at: www.theswitch.tv.
The Switch is seeking a Senior Sales Engineer who will be essential in producing and growing the Company’s revenues by delivering replicable services and one-time-only events. This position will work very closely with the entire Sales team to scope, design, and deliver revenue-producing services. This role will report to the EVP, Sales.
- Assist with the development of formal sales and engineering plans and proposals.
- Assist in the revenue generation by providing pre-sales engineering expertise.
- Project management (on a limited basis) as needed.
- Provide major event engineering.
- Develop and deliver product and solution demonstrations.
- Work closely with EVP, Sales to create and present business solutions to help increase revenue and growth.
- Play an active role in training the Sales team on technology in regards to current service offerings.
- Serve as an escalation point for technical questions and issues which arise from the Sales team and other departments.
- Assist with service delivery engineering, including on-site engineering at events as necessary.
- Perform advanced technical presentations for customers and prospects.
- Develop and maintain expert understanding of all of The Switch’s products.
- Represent The Switch at industry related events and conferences as assigned.
- Provide direction to the sales teams for solutions, as well as, the delivery and operational support of The Switch’s business.
- Assist with closing deals and execution of strategic solutions for customers.
- Domestic & international travel as assigned, developing relationships with clients, in support of sales efforts.
- Work with various internal departments to develop project costs to fulfill customer requirements as well as creating any documentation to be included in RFP responses.
- Work with existing and potential clients to develop solutions based upon their needs.
- Own timelines for projects, often involving multiple clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience preferred.
- Prior experience in sales engineering or systems engineering.
- Competitive knowledge including solution, technology and product offerings.
- Previous experience working in live event production services.
- Experience with configuring and installing telecommunications equipment as well as facility wiring/cabling to specification.
- Ability to develop and maintain long-term working relationships with clients.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills as well as interpersonal skills required to work with a team environment.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Compensation based on experience
Please send resumes via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.