Title: NOC Operator
Reporting To: Director, NOC Operations NY
Location: New York, NY
The Switch Enterprises, LLC (“The Switch”) founded in 1991, is the largest privately held video solutions service provider in North America. The Switch is recognized as the industry leading pioneer of video solution services through our innovative fiber optic network and currently provides advanced video switching and local fiber circuit services, scalable Ethernet, and Home Runs remote production via its Five Nines Service across the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada. The Switch was recently awarded a U.S. system patent for customer-controlled video data content delivery, the 2013 New Bay Media Product Innovation Award for Switch-IT, and the 2012 Broadcast Engineering Excellence Award for Network Automation. The Switch has experienced explosive growth and offers a fast paced and dynamic work environment with a focus on exceeding both individual and team expectations. Our customers demand “Unparalleled Quality” and FiveNines reliability from our network and it is our corporate responsibility to satisfy their expectations by continuing our expansion in services and network reach, while remaining cost effective.
Learn more about us at: www.theswitch.tv.
The Switch is seeking an experienced NOC Operator to contribute to the growth and success of our Company. This position will be required to provide a consistent high level of service on assigned shifts as a part of a team that operates 24/7/365.
- Diagnose customer local circuit issues to ensure highest quality of service.
- Customer interface for all video and data services.
- Place orders and route services as required for customers.
- Ability to troubleshoot audio/video/data problems on customer local and long-distance circuits and correct issues. Follow proper troubleshooting reporting procedures with customer and company personnel. Monitor and troubleshoot traffic and services.
- Operation of all facilities remotely in multiple cities to ensure all services and activities are performed according to established Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist customers in switching their local ports as well as long distance reservation when customers are unable to do so from their Control Panels.
- Initiate bookings when required with various outside carriers. Accurately document all information such as third-party reservation numbers, PO numbers, and phone numbers.
- Manage reservation until all elements of the reservation are complete.
- Set up and execute live shots, voice-over feeds, studio backgrounds, props, monitors, and lighting in the studio.
- Operate robotic cameras, frame head shot, white balance the studio using CCU.
- Ensure the talent is fully accommodated and equipped by wiring them up with microphone andan interruptible feedback (IFB) earpiece.
- Adjust audio using the private line (PL) phone system and follow instructions as provided.
- Create accurate documentation of customer issues and promptly escalate issues to the Supervisor or Manager, if necessary. Maintain and perform record keeping and timely processing of information.
- Provide ongoing support in monitoring as many services as possible to provide the highest quality of service.
- Answer incoming telephone calls courteously, energetically and in a timely manner from customers.
- Perform various other facility checks as assigned.
- Perform maintenance duties assigned by the Supervisor to ensure circuits are operating properly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast or Computers, or Trade/Technical school and/or SBE Certification or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, ever-changing and challenging environment.
- Basic comprehension of analog, SDI, and HD signals as well as the ability to utilize the appropriate test equipment for circuit analysis.
- Well versed in Ethernet routing and protocols.
- Proficient with PC systems, Excel, Word and experience. Knowledge of ScheduALL preferred.
- Must be very organized, possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Flexible and prepared to learn new skills, embrace and nurture a culture of change and positive attitude.
- Some prior broadcast TOC/NOC or equivalent computer video experience is preferred.
- Ability to work shifts that will include nights, weekends and holidays.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Compensation based on experience
Please send resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.