Title: Network Operations Center (NOC) Operation
Reporting To: Director, NOC Operations NY
Location: New York, NY
In the action-packed world of live video creation and distribution, The Switch is always on and always there – setting the industry benchmark for quality, reliability, and unmatched levels of service. The Switch network connects over 800 of the world’s largest content producers and distributors to each other, and to professional sports and event venues; seamlessly linking rights holders, broadcasters, streaming platforms, media outlets and web services. Our video production and global transmission services are trusted every day by corporate enterprises and leading sports, news and entertainment organizations who rely on The Switch to turn-on their live content, anywhere in the world.
Learn more about us at: www.theswitch.tv.
The Switch is seeking an experienced NOC Operator to contribute to the growth and success of our Company. This position will be required to provide a consistent high level of service on assigned shifts as a part of a team that operates 24/7/365.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Diagnose customer local circuit issues to ensure highest quality of service
- Customer interface for all video and data services
- Place orders and route services as required for customers
- Ability to troubleshoot audio/video/data problems on customer local and long-distance circuits and correct Follow proper troubleshooting reporting procedures with customer and company personnel. Monitor and troubleshoot traffic and services.
- Operation of all facilities remotely in multiple cities to ensure all services and activities are performed according to established Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist customers in switching their local ports as well as long distance reservation when customers are unable to do so from their Control Panels
- Initiate bookings when required with various outside Accurately document all information such as third-party reservation numbers, PO numbers, and phone numbers.
- Manage reservation until all elements of the reservation are complete
- Set up and execute live shots, voice-over feeds, studio backgrounds, props, monitors, and lighting in the studio
- Operate robotic cameras, frame head shot, white balance the studio using CCU
- Ensure the talent is fully accommodated and equipped by wiring them up with microphone and an interruptible feedback (IFB) earpiece
- Adjust audio using the private line (PL) phone system and follow instructions as
- Create accurate documentation of customer issues and promptly escalate issues to the Supervisor or Manager, if Maintain and perform record keeping and timely processing of information.
- Provide ongoing support in monitoring as many services as possible to provide the highest quality of service
- Answer incoming telephone calls courteously, energetically and in a timely manner from customers
- Perform various other facility checks as assigned
- Perform maintenance duties assigned by the Supervisor to ensure circuits are operating properly
- Some prior broadcast TOC/NOC or equivalent computer video experience is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast or Computers, or Trade/Technical school and/or SBE Certification or equivalent experience is preferred
- Basic comprehension of analog, SDI, and HD signals as well as the ability to utilize the appropriate test equipment for circuit analysis
- Well versed in Ethernet routing and protocols
- Proficient with PC systems, Excel, Word and experience. Knowledge of ScheduALL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, ever- changing and challenging environment
- Must be very organized, possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Flexible and prepared to learn new skills, embrace and nurture a culture of change and positive attitude
- Must be available and flexible to work a variety of shifts which may include days, nights, weekends, and holidays
Schedule and Compensation:
- Full-Time, onsite in NYC office
- Shift work based on a 40-hour working week which may include nights, weekends, and public holidays
- 4-day workweek (10 hours per day) in 24/7/365 facility
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Compensation based on experience
Please send resumes via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.