Title: Network Operations Center (NOC) Operation
Reporting to: Manager, NOC Operations
Location: New York, NY
In the action-packed world of live video production and distribution, The Switch is always on and always there – setting the industry benchmark for quality, reliability, and unmatched levels of service. The Switch network connects over 800 of the world’s largest content producers and distributors to each other; professional sports venues, entertainment events, rights holders, broadcasters, streaming platforms, media outlets, and web services are seamlessly linked together. Our video production and global transmission services are trusted every day by corporate enterprises and leading sports, news and entertainment organizations who rely on The Switch to turn-on their live content, anywhere in the world. Learn more about us at: www.theswitch.tv.
The Switch is seeking a candidate who will contribute to the growth and success of our network operations center. This position will be required to provide a consistent high level of service on assigned shifts.
Primary NOC Operator Responsibilities:
- Proactively interface with customers for video and transmission needs
- Monitor and maintain The Switch’s DTM network to ensure a 999% success rate
- Quickly analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve customer inquiries and issues
- Diagnose system alarms and errors and cascade follow-up actions to maintain system continuity
- Open, track and resolve trouble tickets with telco and equipment vendors
- Prioritize tasks and workload for optimal service efficiency
- Document customer issues with detailed clarity and escalate to management when necessary
- Interface and collaborate with various teams to impact on-air services when necessary
- Analyze, evaluate, and remotely reconfigure network-wide transmission equipment
- Routinely provide monitoring support and in-depth service checks for live systems and networks
- Maintain an elevated and efficient level of courteous verbal and written communication skills
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant experience is needed; a bachelor’s degree is preferred
- The optimal candidate will be a reliable, self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented team player
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills and multitasking abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are needed
- Outstanding attention to detail while working quickly and efficiently in a fast‐paced, ever‐ changing environment is necessary
- Comprehension of video and IP signal transmission
- An understanding of the basic functions of the media supply chain and familiarity with the live video production ecosystem
- General software application knowledge and computer networking skills
- Command of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) is imperative
- Familiarity with Net Insight MSR transport platform and IP/MPLS networks a plus
- The ability to utilize appropriate test equipment for analysis
- An understanding of Ethernet routing and protocols is beneficial
- Knowledge of MPEG compression is a plus
- Understanding of broadcast television and streaming technologies are preferred.
- Experience with media and broadcast transmission equipment is preferred
- A working knowledge of media LAN and WAN networking technologies, topographies, and troubleshooting techniques used in video transmission is highly desirable.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation including schematics, single-line functional drawings, block diagrams, system drawings, and wire lists is desirable
- Knowledge of ScheduAll and/or NetInsight software applications is preferred
Schedule and Compensation:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Compensation based on experience
Please send resumes via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.