NOC Operator – NY
Title: Network Operations Center (NOC) Operation
Reporting To: Director, NOC Operations NY
Location: New York, NY
In the action-packed world of live video creation and distribution, The Switch is always on and always there – setting the industry benchmark for quality, reliability, and unmatched levels of service. The Switch network connects over 800 of the world’s largest content producers and distributors to each other, and to professional sports and event venues; seamlessly linking rights holders, broadcasters, streaming platforms, media outlets and web services. Our video production and global transmission services are trusted every day by corporate enterprises and leading sports, news and entertainment organizations who rely on The Switch to turn-on their live content, anywhere in the world.
Learn more about us at: www.theswitch.tv.
The Switch is an experienced NOC Operator to contribute to the growth and success of our Company. This position will be required to provide a consistent high level of service on assigned shifts.
- Monitor and maintain all aspects of The Switch’s DTM network to ensure >99.999 availability of services
- Customer interface for all video and data
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot video and data services both on and off network.
- Diagnose local and long distance customer and network circuit issues to ensure highest quality of
- Open, track and resolve trouble tickets with telco and equipment vendors.
- Follow proper troubleshooting and reporting procedures with customer and company personnel.
- Create accurate documentation of customer issues and promptly escalate issues to the Supervisor of Manager, if necessary. Maintain and perform record keeping and timely processing of information.
- Initiate bookings when required with various outside carriers.
- Accurately document all information such as third party reservation numbers, PO numbers, and phone
- Operation of all facilities remotely in multiple cities to ensure all services and activities are performed according to established Standard Operating
- Assist customers in switching their local ports as well as long distance reservation when customers are unable to do so from their Control
- Provide ongoing support in monitoring as many services as possible to provide the highest quality of
- Answer incoming telephone calls courteously, energetically and in a timely manner from customers and vendors.
- Perform various network and facility checks as assigned.
- Perform maintenance duties assigned by the Supervisor to network and on air services are operating.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast or Computers, or Trade/Technical school and/or SBE Certification or equivalent experience is
- Proficient with PC systems, Excel, Word, and experience.
- Knowledge of ScheduAll
- Prior broadcast TOC/NOC or equivalent computer video experience is
- Familiarity with Net Insight MSR transport platform and IP/MPLS networks a plus.
- Must be a self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and a Team Player.
- Must be very organized, possess strong problem solving skills and ability to multi‐task.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong command of written and verbal English and a natural ability to liaise with all levels of the organization.
- Comprehension of video and IP signals as well as the ability to utilize the appropriate test equipment for
- Well versed in Ethernet routing and
- In depth knowledge of MPEG compression and satellite communications.
- Experience with VideoTek, DekTec, Evertz, GVG, Miranda, Snell, Mediakind/Ericsson, Adtec, Ateme and other professional media and broadcast equipment.
- A working knowledge of media LAN and WAN networking technologies, topographies, and troubleshooting techniques used in broadcasting is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of a variety of data communications standards including Ethernet (10/100/1000 BaseT), Serial (RS232C/RS422/RS485), SDI (SD/HD), ASI.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the use and purpose of test and monitoring equipment (oscilloscopes, multi-meters, waveform monitors, vectorscopes, transport stream analyzers, spectrum analyzers, audio level meters and monitors, network diagnostic systems).
- Command of MS-Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- An understanding of the basic functions and features of applications in the media supply chain such as ingest and playout features in professional media environments.
- Understanding of broadcast television and streaming technologies from studio and postproduction to master control and distribution.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation including schematics, single-line functional drawings, block diagrams, system drawings, and wire lists.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast‐paced, ever‐ changing and challenging
Schedule and Compensation:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Compensation based on experience
Please send resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.