Title: NOC/MCR Operator (Part-Time)
Reporting To: VP, Operations (NY)
Location: New York, NY
The Switch provides a global platform for the creation and distribution of live video. The company offers a scalable broadcast production and transmission platform that puts control exactly where the customer needs it: in their facilities, at The Switch or both. The Switch connects over 800 of the world’s largest content producers and distributors to each other and to professional sports and event venues and provides a unique meet-me point for seamlessly connecting media outlets, streaming platforms and web services. Learn more about us at: www.theswitch.tv.
The Switch is seeking an experienced NOC/MCR Operator (Part-Time) to contribute to the growth and success of our Company. This position will be required to provide a consistent high level of service on assigned shifts as a part of a team that operates 24/7/365.
- Diagnose customer local circuit issues to ensure highest quality of service.
- Customer interface for all video and data services.
- Place orders and route services as required for customers.
- Ability to troubleshoot audio/video/data problems on customer local and long-distance circuits and correct issues.
- Follow proper troubleshooting reporting procedures with customer and company personnel.
- Monitor and troubleshoot traffic and services.
- Operation of all facilities remotely in multiple cities to ensure all services and activities are performed according to established Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist customers in switching their local ports as well as long distance reservation when customers are unable to do so from their Control Panels.
- Initiate bookings when required with various outside carriers.
- Accurately document all information such as third-party reservation numbers, PO numbers, and phone numbers.
- Manage reservation until all elements of the reservation are complete.
- Create accurate documentation of customer issues and promptly escalate issues to the Supervisor or Manager, if necessary.
- Maintain and perform record keeping and timely processing of information.
- Provide ongoing support in monitoring as many services as possible to provide the highest quality of service.
- Answer incoming telephone calls courteously, energetically and in a timely manner from customers.
- Perform various other facility and maintenance checks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast or Computers, or Trade/Technical school and/or SBE Certification or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, ever- changing and challenging environment.
- Basic comprehension of analog, SDI, and HD signals as well as the ability to utilize the appropriate test equipment for circuit analysis.
- Well versed in Ethernet routing and protocols.
- Proficient with PC systems, Excel, Word and experience. Knowledge of ScheduALL preferred.
- Must be very organized, possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Flexible and prepared to learn new skills, embrace and nurture a culture of change and positive attitude.
- Some prior broadcast TOC/NOC or equivalent computer video experience is preferred.
- Ability to work shifts that will include nights, weekends and holidays.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Competitive Hourly Rate
Please send resume via email to email@example.com.