Title: Master Control Room (MCR) Operator
Reporting To: UK Branch Manager
Location: London, UK
In the action-packed world of live video creation and distribution, The Switch is always on and always there – setting the industry benchmark for quality, reliability, and unmatched levels of service. The Switch network connects over 800 of the world’s largest content producers and distributors to each other, and to professional sports and event venues; seamlessly linking rights holders, broadcasters, streaming platforms, media outlets and web services. Our video production and global transmission services are trusted every day by corporate enterprises and leading sports, news and entertainment organizations who rely on The Switch to turn-on their live content, anywhere in the world.
Learn more about us at: www.theswitch.tv.
Pacific Television Center, Inc., The Switch Enterprises, LLC’s wholly owned subsidiary, is seeking an MCR Operator to join our busy London Master Control Room, primarily responsible for maintaining, monitoring and providing Master Control Room and Studio Services to our clients. This position will be required to provide a consistent high level of service on assigned shifts as a part of a team that operates 24/7/365.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Quality check of incoming video and data circuits from both internal global network and third-party broadcast facilities
- Satellite downlinking including dish positioning and encoding/decoding
- Operate router control panels, standard converters, Spectrum Analyzer, perform digital downlinks
- Routing and switching of feeds
- Cloud streaming
- Trouble-shooting technical issues and escalation of faults to relevant teams
- Manage bookings and resources utilizing centralized ScheduAll system
- Ability to monitor and troubleshoot traffic and services. Follow proper troubleshooting reporting procedures with customers and company personnel
- Create accurate documentation of customer issues and properly escalate issues to the Supervisor or Manager, if necessary
- Generate email and phone confirmations
- Ability to troubleshoot audio/video/data problems following proper troubleshooting reporting procedures with customer and company personnel. Monitor and troubleshoot traffic and services.
- Initiate bookings when required with various outside carriers. Accurately document all information such as third-party reservation numbers, PO numbers, and phone numbers.
- Set up and execute live shots, voice-over feeds, studio backgrounds, props, monitors, and lighting in the studio.
- Operate robotic cameras, frame head shot, white balance the studio using CCU.
- Ensure the talent is fully accommodated and equipped by wiring them up with microphone and an interruptible feedback (IFB) earpiece.
- Adjust audio using the private line (PL) phone system and follow instructions as provided.
- Create accurate documentation of customer issues and promptly escalate issues to the Supervisor or Manager, if necessary. Maintain and perform record keeping and timely processing of information.
- Provide ongoing support in monitoring as many services as possible to provide the highest quality of service.
- 1-5+ years relevant experience and/or education, i.e. production, video streaming, IT, networking, engineering
- Basic comprehension of SDI, and HD signals
- Knowledge of ScheduALL preferred
- Proficient with PC systems, Excel, Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, ever-changing and challenging environment
- Must be very organized, possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Flexible and prepared to learn new skills
- Embrace and nurture a culture of change and positive attitude
- A can-do attitude and mentality that adopts a positive and motivational approach to engender a culture of professional behavior
- Must be available and flexible to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holidays, in a 24/7/365 environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the UK without requiring visa sponsorship
Schedule and Compensation:
- 4-day workweek (10 hours per day)
- The MCR is operational 24/7/365 and as such, this role is shift work based on a 40-hour working week which will include nights, weekends, and public holidays
- Compensation based upon experience
Please send resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.