Title: Master Control Room (MCR) Operator (UK)
Reporting To: UK Branch Manager
Location: London, United Kingdom
Pacific Television Center, Inc., The Switch Enterprises, LLC’s wholly owned subsidiary, is seeking an entry level MCR Operator to join our busy London Master Control Room and to contribute to the growth and success of our Company. This position will be required to provide a consistent high level of service on assigned shifts as a part of a team that operates 24/7/365. The MCR Operator is primarily responsible for maintaining, monitoring and providing Master Control Room and Studio Services to our clients.
Learn more about us at: www.theswitch.tv.
Master Control Room (MCR) Duties:
- Customer interface for all video and data services.
- Place orders, update bookings and route services as required for customers. Provide accurate and updated records of all services. Document discrepancies in NetSuite.
- Ability to monitor and troubleshoot traffic and services. Follow proper troubleshooting reporting procedures with customers and company personnel.
- Create accurate documentation of customer issues and properly escalate issues to the Supervisor or Manager, if necessary.
- Maintain and perform record keeping and timely processing of information.
- Initiate bookings when required with various outside carriers. Accurately document all information such as third party reservation numbers, PO numbers and phone numbers.
- Manage reservations until all elements of the reservation are complete.
- Generate email and phone confirmations.
- Review and process upcoming work orders and book outside services as needed, (e.g., fiber, satellite space, makeup, etc.).
- Provide ongoing support in monitoring as many services as possible to provide the highest quality of service.
- Have working knowledge of vendors and clients throughout various time zones.
- Record to and playout from various media servers.
- Operate router control panels, standard converters, Spectrum Analyzer, perform digital downlinks, decode Asynchronous Serial Interface (ASI) streams while reporting incoming data rate and video/audio PIDs and change output data rate as required.
- Set up and execute live shots, voice-over feeds, studio backgrounds, monitors and lighting in the studio.
- Operate robotic cameras, frame head shots and white balance the studio using CCU.
- Ensure the talent is fully accommodated and equipped by wiring them up with a microphone and interruptible feedback earpiece.
- Adjust audio using the private line (PL) phone system and follow instructions from Supervisor.
- University Degree required or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic comprehension of analog, SDI, and HD signals.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, ever-changing and challenging environment.
- A can-do attitude and mentality that adopts a positive and motivational approach to engender a culture of professional behavior.
- Well versed in Ethernet routing and protocols.
- Proficient with PC systems, Excel, Word and experience. Knowledge of ScheduALL preferred.
- Must be very organized, possess strong problem solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Flexible and prepared to learn new skills, embrace and nurture a culture of change and positive attitude.
- Ability to work shifts that will include nights, weekends and holidays.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Compensation based upon experience
lease send resumes via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.