Title: Director, Sales Engineering
Reporting To: EVP, Sales
Location: Los Angeles, CA or Remote
Director, Sales Engineering
The Switch provides a global platform for the production and distribution of live video. The company offers a scalable broadcast production and transmission platform that puts control exactly where the customer needs it: in their facilities, at The Switch or both. The Switch connects over 800 of the world’s largest content producers and distributors to professional sports, news and entertainment venues and provides a unique meet-me point for seamlessly connecting media outlets, streaming platforms and web services. Learn more about us at: www.theswitch.tv.
The Switch is seeking a Director, Sales Engineering who will be essential in producing and growing the Company’s revenue by providing technical solutions to help deliver replicable services and one-time-only events. The Director, Sales Engineering will work very closely with the entire Sales team to scope, design, and deliver revenue-producing services.
• Assist with the development of formal sales and engineering plans and proposals.
• Assist in revenue generation by providing pre-sales engineering expertise.
• Project management (on a limited basis) as needed.
• Provide major event engineering.
• Develop and deliver product and solution demonstrations.
• Work closely with EVP, Sales to create and present business solutions to help increase revenue and growth.
• Play an active role in training the Sales team on technology in regards to current service offerings.
• Serve as an escalation point for technical questions and issues which arise from the Sales team and other departments.
• Assist with service delivery engineering, including on-site engineering at events as necessary.
• Perform advanced technical presentations for customers and prospects.
• Develop and maintain expert understanding of all of The Switch’s products.
• Represent The Switch at industry related events and conferences as assigned.
• Provide direction to the sales teams for solutions, as well as, the delivery and operational support of The Switch’s business.
• Assist with closing deals and execution of strategic solutions for customers.
• Domestic & international travel as assigned, developing relationships with clients, in support of sales efforts.
• Work with various internal departments to develop project costs to fulfill customer requirements as well as creating any documentation to be included in RFP responses.
• Work with existing and potential clients to develop solutions based upon their needs.
• Own timelines for projects, often involving multiple clients.
• Bachelor’s Degree or related experience preferred.
• Prior experience in sales engineering or systems engineering.
• Experience using Microsoft Visio.
• Prior experience with broadcast technology and production, broadcast/video transmission technology (satellite, IP, fiber), streaming media/digital media and IP networking architecture and solutions.
• Competitive knowledge including solution, technology and product offerings.
• Understanding of fiber optic applications.
• Ability to develop and maintain long-term working relationships with clients.
• Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast paced and challenging environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills as well as interpersonal skills required to work with a team environment.
Schedule and Compensation:
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Compensation based on experience