Title: Director, Engineering
Reports to: VP, Network Engineering
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
In the action-packed world of live video creation and distribution, The Switch is always on and always there – setting the industry benchmark for quality, reliability, and unmatched levels of service. The Switch network connects over 500 of the world’s largest content producers and distributors to each other, and to professional sports and event venues; seamlessly linking rights holders, broadcasters, streaming platforms, media outlets and web services. Our video production and global transmission services are trusted every day by corporate enterprises and leading sports, news and entertainment organizations who rely on The Switch to turn-on their live content, anywhere in the world.
Learn more about us at: www.theswitch.tv.
- Provide leadership & support to the Engineering staff in the NY & EU region while overseeing day-to-day tasks in the New York Metro area.
- Oversee high profile events and critical situations to ensure all services and activities of the staff are performing smoothly.
- Manage the development of customer’s systems and services.
- Develop innovative solutions to new challenges.
- Manage multiple projects at once, while prioritizing where needed.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies & procedures.
- Participate in system design & technical strategy for the Company.
- Build & deploy a set of globally distributed products/services.
- Serve as first level of escalation for Operations.
- Prepare, open, track and resolve discrepancy & trouble tickets for Operations.
- Contribute to the Company’s roadmap while routinely participating in high-level customer and internal Company conversations & meetings.
- Identify & implement product performance improvements.
- Work closely with internal departments on a routine basis.
- Diagnose customer local circuit issues to ensure highest quality of service.
- Operation of all facilities remotely in multiple cities to ensure all services and activities are performed according to established Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide ongoing support in monitoring as many services as possible to provide the highest quality of service.
- Keep management & customers informed on the progress of service issues & related.
- Perform various other facility checks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast or Computers, or Trade/Technical school and/or CIsco Certification or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Prior Engineering experience is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, ever-changing and challenging environment.
- Basic comprehension of analog, SDI, HD, 3G, and 4K/UHD signals as well as the ability to utilize the appropriate test equipment for circuit analysis.
- Well versed in Ethernet routing and IP protocols.
- Proficient with PC systems, MS Office 365, NetSuite or equivalent.
- Knowledge of ScheduALL.
- Must be very organized, possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Flexible and prepared to learn new skills, embrace and nurture a culture of change and positive attitude.
- Ability to work shifts that may include nights, weekends and holidays.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Compensation based on experience
Please send resumes via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.