Title: Director, Business Development (Enterprise)
Reporting To: EVP, Sales
Location: Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
The Switch provides a global platform for the creation and distribution of live video. The company offers a scalable broadcast production and transmission platform that puts control exactly where the custome r needs it: in their facilities, at The Switch or both. The Switch connects over 800 of the world’s largest content producers and distributors to each other and to professional sports and event venues and provides a unique meet-me point for seamlessly connecting media outlets, streaming platforms and web services. Learn more about us at: www.theswitch.tv.
The Director Business Development (DBD), Enterprise reports directly to the EVP, Sales. The DBD is primarily responsible for the research, development, presentation and execution of the business plan to deliver long-term profitable growth for The Switch in the Enterprise segment worldwide. The Enterprise business for The Switch is an industry segment (i.e. a set of customers) for whom we will sell the entire suite of company products/services (transmission, studios, control rooms, etc). The DBD will assume responsibility for the on-going growth in the Enterprise segment and will closely coordinate the execution of the business plan with Sales, Marketing, Operations & Support organizations.
The DBD will be evaluated primarily based on:
- Demonstrated success developing and executing the Enterprise segment business plan.
- Attainment of revenue target based on successful implementation of Enterprise segment busine ss plan.
- Research, develop, produce and execute comprehensive Enterprise segment business plan in support of long-term profitable growth of the Enterprise business. Business plan may include recommendations for internal solution development, strategic partnerships, geographic expansion, mergers & acquisitions, etc. as appropriate.
- Actively solicit inputs from Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operations and Support, as appropriate , and incorporate this input into the business plan.
- Own the responsibility for the profitable growth of the Enterprise business and be empowered to drive its success through the organization.
- Prioritize your time, but areas of activity will include sales opportunity identificatio n, joint/independent sales customer calls, partnership development, industry event participation/speaking opportunities, product/service expansion opportunities, marketing investment prioritization, etc.
- Present on the current status and near-term priorities for the Enterprise business to The Switch’s senior leadership (CEO, EVP Sales, et al) on a monthly basis.
- Act as The Switch’s evangelist for our Enterprise business providing related support for externa l events including: trade shows, conferences, analyst presentations, journalist meetings, etc.
- Coordinate through Sales management to provide direct sales support for current revenue opportunities through customer meetings, technical presentations, etc.
- Recommend The Switch’s participation in trade shows & industry events which will drive associated Enterprise revenue.
- Assume other responsibilities as determined and assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in the Enterprise sector in business development, solutions, and/or transformation roles.
- The successful candidate will leverage their strong Enterprise industry relationships to underpin early momentum and long-term success in this role.
- Deep understanding and passion for the Enterprise sector.
- Experience developing, implementing, managing and executing cross-functional plans and programs.
- Strong analytic, data, planning and execution skills.
- Collaborative team player who works well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Superb communication and presentation skills.
- Some travel may be required.
- Competitive compensation & comprehensive Company benefits
Please send resumes via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.