Reporting To: CFO
Location: Osterville, MA
In the action-packed world of live video creation and distribution, The Switch is always on and always there – setting the industry benchmark for quality, reliability and unmatched levels of service. The Switch network connects over 800 of the world’s largest content producers and distributors to each other, and to professional sports and event venues; seamlessly linking rights holders, broadcasters, streaming platforms, media outlets and web services. Our video production and global transmission services are trusted every day by corporate enterprises and leading sports, news and entertainment organizations who rely on The Switch to turn-on their live content, anywhere in the world.
The Switch is seeking a motivated and experienced Controller to serve as the lead role in directing and coordinating all areas of Accounting and Finance for the Company. This position will report directly to the CFO while working closely with various internal teams.
- Manage the daily financial and reporting operations while improving processes and creating efficiencies to position the Company for continued rapid growth.
- Direct and assist in the management of all financial activities of the Company under the direction of the CFO.
- Manage the Finance and Accounting team on a daily basis. Mentor and develop staff while promoting a culture of high performance.
- Direct cash management operations to include daily cash administration, management of current accounts and bank relations. Review and drive improvements in cash management ensuring financial obligations are managed in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Manage the Order to Cash team to create a control environment that optimizes the efficiency of the Order to Cash process with a focus on delivering improvements in order management and working capital objectives.
- Manage the financial audits, provide tax return schedules and be the stakeholder in managing the relationship with the external auditors. Act as the primary point of contact with external auditors.
- Ensure compliance with all accounting standards.
- Provide status of financial conditions by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data on a routine basis.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variance and initiating corrective actions.
- Ensure accurate and effective processes are in place to effect balanced bank accounts and ledgers.
- Develop and implement new accounting/financial control policies and procedures.
- Lead all aspects of the accounting function including controls, monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting, audits, billing and collections, payroll, sales commissions, payable taxes and etc.
- Ensure timely preparation and presentation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Evaluate current accounting processes, recommend and implement initiatives for continued success.
- Routinely analyze monthly results compared to projections, developing and maintaining a GL system for accurate planning and forecasting.
- Assess and manage the Company’s accounting software systems.
- Ensure effective processes are in place for managing and reporting of taxes as required by the in-house tax accountants and the Company’s CPA firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in related role/capacity.
- Experience in Telecommunications accounting is preferred
- Public Accounting/Auditing experience.
- NetSuite experience is preferred.
- Strong computer aptitude and advanced proficiency in Excel required.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to meet assigned and tight deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills as well as interpersonal skills required to work with a team environment.
- Previous experience managing employees.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
Please send resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.