Title: Mobile Unit Engineer
Reports to: Senior Director, Project Management & Field Operations
Location: Pittsburgh, PA or Remote
The Switch provides a global platform for the production and distribution of live video. The company offers a scalable broadcast production and transmission platform that puts control exactly where the customer needs it: in their facilities, at The Switch or both. The Switch connects over 800 of the world’s largest content producers and distributors to professional sports, news and entertainment venues and provides a unique meet-me point for seamlessly connecting media outlets, streaming platforms and web services.
Learn more about us at: www.theswitch.tv.
The Switch is seeking an experienced Mobile Unit Engineer to contribute to the growth and success of our Company. The Mobile Unit Engineer will report to the Senior Director, Project Management & Field Operations, and will be responsible for, but not limited to ongoing maintenance and integration at venues, nodes and other locations based upon need, as well as driving, operating, and maintaining the truck and trailer which comprise the Mobile Unit.
- Extended and extensive travel to establish, maintain and augment the existing network architecture and new equipment integration
- Interface with all site contacts on an ongoing basis and as needed to maintain a productive working relationship. Serve as the primary customer interface for all video and data services originating at venues
- Assist in all documentation and depiction of all relevant technical facilities in each site to facilitate upgrades and improvements, as well as having a complete understanding of the current and potential future transmission methods
- Develop an understanding of each site’s telecommunications infrastructure
- Work within timelines for projects, based upon event schedules and multiple locations
- Work at The Switch’s city nodes to connect tail circuits to venues where trailers will be deployed
- Assist in diagnosing customer local circuit issues to ensure the highest quality of service
- Work with the Operations team to manage on site work for troubleshooting/replacement of equipment
- Drive Company’s truck-trailer to and between job sites/destination per client event schedule. Parks and powers unit at event locations. Ensures generator is fully fueled and the spare gas can is full
- Demonstrated familiarity with telecommunications, television concepts, infrastructure, provisioning (specifically HD-SDI circuits, SONET & Gigabit Ethernet)
- Experienced driving a truck-trailer combination and able to back and park trailers in tight confines. Excellent driving skills and clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Valid and current driver’s license is a requirement, including passing DOT Compliant Medical Physical and other Company required testing in pursuance with our Vehicle Safety Policy
- Knowledge of Federal driver’s logging requirements and use of logging programs, as well as adherence to the Company’s Vehicle Safety Policy
- Take ownership responsibility of the truck and trailer, to maintain meticulous appearance and operation of unit to The Switch’s standards
- Ability to develop and maintain long-term working relationships with site personnel and provide a clear avenue for open communication
- Familiarity with venue configurations and requirements of broadcasters using those venues
- Proficient with telecommunication equipment installations and required facility maintenance work & repairs
- Experience with facility telco wiring/cabling to specification and documentation and creating facility wiring diagrams/rack elevations
- Networking and video troubleshooting experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail in all maintenance operations is required
Schedule and Compensation:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Compensation based on experience
Please send resumes via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.